The winners of the 2019 Townsville Business Women’s Circle (TBWC) Business Awards have been announced tonight at a gala event at The Ville.
The awards celebrate the extraordinary depth and breadth of contribution, knowledge, innovation, achievement and leadership by women in business in the Townsville North Queensland region.
TBWC President, Megan Colwell said 70 nominations were received for this year’s awards across the four categories and were then shortlisted to 14 finalists.
“Our judges were overwhelmed by the calibre of this year’s applicants and had the tough decision of choosing just one winner for each category,” said Ms Colwell.
“For the first time we have also introduced a fifth category acknowledging a stand out contributor to our community.
“Natasha makes an enormous contribution to women in construction through her day to day business operations. She has also personally supported several charities including Fight for Your Cause.
“The judges felt that out of all 14 applicants, the community would be most impacted and feel the greatest loss if Natasha stopped her significant contributions.”
TBWC congratulates Cassandra Chiesa, Belinda Brown, Kylie Walters, Sarah Wilkinson and Natasha Doyle – the winners of the 2019 TBWC Business Awards.
- Business Woman of the Year – Sponsored by Wilson/Ryan/Grose Lawyers – Cassandra Chiesa
- Emerging Business Woman of the Year – Sponsored by Findex – Belinda Brown
- Empowering Woman of the Year – Sponsored by Townsville Earthmoving – Kylie Walters
- Corporate Business Woman of the Year – Sponsored by BOQ Castletown – Sarah Wilkinson
- Community Service Award – Sponsored by The Ville – Natasha Doyle